Tuesday, August 18, 2009

missing package mystery solved

way back around thanksgiving, my mom sent me a package. i had asked her for licorice, emergen-c packets, and crossword books. it never came. m said it was because i had never tipped our postman. i say that's rubbish, and he shouldn't be expecting a tip - he gets paid to do his job! and besides ... that postman was always super rude. i was upset over never getting the package, but chalked it up to good ol' india and part of the whole experience. yesterday, i got this email from my mom:

Hi, guess what I got in the mail today? The package I mailed to you way back when of licorice, vitamin powders, and a crossword book! It had a stamp on it that said "examined" and I peeked inside, it was gross, and the licorice bag was there but empty. It had something black in the bottom, I didn't dare look any deeper into it! It was like sewn shut and taped on the other end and so dirty! Let me know if you get the postcard I send to you from the beach. Lots of love, mom

INDIAAAAA!!

(i think my favorite part of the email is my mom's use of the word LIKE in this sentence: "It was like sewn shut and taped on the other end and so dirty!" ... it's like cute.)

1 comment:

Tikki said...

Hooray, you are back !